Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Building deeds/demolition records

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Amy

Amy Report 16 Sep 2009 21:20

Hi

Does anybody know if in the early 1900s records were kept about buildings being built, deeds, demolitions etc? I have found a place (well 3 houses in one place) in 1901 that no longer exhists and wonder if I can find any information about it? Who built it, why it was demolished etc
Nobody in the local town knows anything about this place so it is a bit of a mystery (and I discovered it!).

Any help please, Thanks

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 16 Sep 2009 21:39

If they were houses and were ever sold they should have deeds. Have you tried the Land Registry? I know they keep recent deeds but I don't know whether they keep deeds from the past.

My house I was brought up in was built in 1887 and we had the deeds to that naming all the owners of the house from it being built to when my parents bought it.

Kath. x

Amy

Amy Report 16 Sep 2009 21:47

3 houses in Pillory Street /nantwich called Library entry. I live locally and I have been there. I have spoke to a local who thinks it may have been 3 small house down a little entry by what was the library. The Library is now the museum and they know nothing about the place.

Think I will try the council/record office then

Thank you

Amy

Amy Report 16 Sep 2009 21:47

Whats the Land registry please?

Amy

Amy Report 16 Sep 2009 21:56

Brill thanks