Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Photos

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Irene

Irene Report 19 Sep 2009 16:28

How do I save photos to add to my Family Tree - I have already scanned to my computer but when I go to add to my tree they are not coming up on my file. Thanking you in anticipation. Irene.

Netty

Netty Report 19 Sep 2009 16:55

Hi Irene, can't really help as i don't have my tree on Genes but this is how Genes say to do it. Hope this helps in some small way.

How do I add a PHOTO to my tree?

You can add a photo from details of any of your relations. From the Family Tree page - select the relation, then click on 'add photo' to the right of the relation's details.

You can add unlimited photos to any relation including yourself.

You will be shown a button that says 'Browse' if you click on this you will see a view of your computer's drives. Locate the image from where you have saved it on your computer then click on the 'Open' button.

You're now ready to start uploading the image. Click on the 'Upload' link ONCE to start the process, it may take a little while to be transferred to our server.

Once it is has uploaded you can then add any notes that you wish to. If you click on the word 'gallery' you can also choose from a selection of frame for your photo. You can also choose which photo (if you have added more than), that you'd like to be the default photo for that relation.

Mayfield

Mayfield Report 19 Sep 2009 18:09

Hi Irene,

The instructions Netty 935540 gave should work, but if you try it and it still dosen't upload your photos, it's worth checking what format your scanner is saving them in.

My scanner, (a Brother) seems to be keen on saving scanned items as a Bitmap image, it caused me all sorts of problems until I sussed it!

Most photos are handled as jpeg files, it may be Genes does not reconise the file type you are using.

To check, open the photo in your My pictures file and right click on the picture, then click on properties and the "file type" will be shown.

It's a long shot but it may help.

Regards,
Mayfield

Irene

Irene Report 19 Sep 2009 20:07

Thanks very much for the info - I think it might have something to do with my scanner settings - will have a look at this and try again - hopefully I will succeed. Regards Irene

Irene

Irene Report 19 Sep 2009 23:51

Thanks Folks. I have succeed in my mission with regards to inserting photos on Family Tree - Turned out that my problem was my scanner settings. Thanks again for your help.
Regards Irene