Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Where is he Buried?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ann

Ann Report 22 Sep 2009 11:16

I am trying to find out where my GGrandad was buried. He died in 1941 in Crumpsall Manchester. I have tried most of the cemeteries I know and no luck. If anybody can help I would appreciate it. His name was Alexander Fitzsimon, some variation on the spelling, d.o.b 01/04/1867 in Manchester.
Thanks

Ann

Ann Report 22 Sep 2009 13:35

Hi Margaret,

Yes I have the death certificate with all details. Most of the deaths here now are on computer at the cemetery or crem, but still had no luck. Will ring Parks and Cemeteries to ask. I do live in Manchester so that is easy enough. Thanks for your help. Ann

Ann

Ann Report 22 Sep 2009 21:12

Hi Joan, I keep saying that I must go into Manchester and have a search, but I hate Manchester, haven't been there for about three years and that was getting off a train and onto a bus home. Its strange to me as I was born within walking distance to the centre and worked there from 15 to 28. I will make a fleeting visit.

Iain

Iain Report 23 Sep 2009 17:15

Hi,if you havent found a grave site yet try wishfull thinking,its a very good grave site location site that depends on people sending in the info from their local graveyards I have found a few family members through it
Good luck Iain

Ann

Ann Report 26 Sep 2009 20:06

Iain,

Thanks for your reply about wishfull thinking site. There are to many, they seem to be about all kinds of things, and still haven't found one about graves.
Ann

Netty

Netty Report 26 Sep 2009 20:31

Hi Ann, this site is searchable. Worth a try.

http://www.burialrecords.manchester.gov.uk/

Ann

Ann Report 27 Sep 2009 11:03

Thanks Nettie,

I now have that site, so I am searching.
Ann

Julie

Julie Report 27 Sep 2009 11:24

Look for a Cemetery near to where he live rather than to where he died