Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Where do I order BMD certificates now?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Gerry

Gerry Report 23 Sep 2009 08:42

I went on line to try and order a birth certificate, only to find a message on the GRO website saying that the site had moved. It gave a link but that page is unobtainable. Does anyone have a link please?

Many thanks in advance.

CliveH

CliveH Report 23 Sep 2009 08:56

Apparently they have a problem connecting to the payment system which they hope to fix sometime today. You can order by phone but it costs an extra £1.50 and it's an 0845 number. If you need it: 0845 603 7788.

They have a 'crisis meeting' scheduled for 9am, so some more information may be released after that.

Update:

It's back up and working again at 9.30am.

Joy

Joy Report 23 Sep 2009 12:38

http://saynoto0870.com/numbersearch.php
General Register Office (GRO)
Also: 0151 4714800

Gerry

Gerry Report 24 Sep 2009 22:03

Thank you so much for the reply & update, and especially to Cynthia for making me aware of them - all very much appreciated!

Thank you once again :o)

Madmeg

Madmeg Report 25 Sep 2009 00:52

GRO were not the only ones with problems yesterday - as well as the 3 certificates I ordered apparently processed correctly but later notified as not processed, a certificate ordered from a local register office managed to order itself twice. The nice people rang me to enquire if I really wanted two copies, and have arranged to credit one fee back to my card.

Margaret