Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Printing family tree

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

wyn

wyn Report 27 Sep 2009 16:59

Hi I have just set up my printer and tried to print the whole of my tree all I get is bits ,what am I doing wrong,can I print a full tree ?
Thank you

KeithInFujairah

KeithInFujairah Report 27 Sep 2009 17:06

In four words, I dont think so, GR tree is terrible, you would be better off with an offline programmes.

wyn

wyn Report 27 Sep 2009 17:13

Hi Keith
Thank you for that info,I thought it was me,so I wont waste anymore paper
Regards Wyn

Elizabeth2469049

Elizabeth2469049 Report 27 Sep 2009 21:29

I found the same but didn't have an offline tree at the time - I now have a tree in Family Search - which is free - by gedcoming my GR tree into it. It prints out well and can be sectioned off into different bits of the family, which is useful if you get involved with several branches. It doesn't seem to edit out the living - I'm not quite sure how publicly it is available - so you might have to do that manually after a transfer if you would rather.

wyn

wyn Report 1 Oct 2009 16:58

Hi Elizabeth
Thank you for your help and time
Regards Wyn