Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Other adopted siblings??? Scotland!!!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Gavin

Gavin Report 2 Oct 2009 16:12

It seems my biological mother may have had three more children after me. And they too were adopted out. Would there names be on file as there pre-adopted names or post adoption names? if anyone could shed some light for me.

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 2 Oct 2009 16:29

Gavin, I believe they would have been registered using birth names. You need to try to find these first.
We need your mother's surname and a rough idea of when/where they would have been born (I'm assuming she was unmarried?)
Jan

Kay????

Kay???? Report 2 Oct 2009 17:38

Gavin
Under PRE,ie birth names,,,,,,,as they seem as they will be living people its unwise to submit any birth details openly on here,even though they may have become an adoptee their birth information still needs protecting.......

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 2 Oct 2009 17:41

Quite agree, should have said you need to send details by personal message - click on my name if you want me to have a look.
Jan

Gavin

Gavin Report 2 Oct 2009 19:50

Ok the problem i have is ive just started trying to trace her and have very little info on her. Ive managed to trace her sister and have found out she married in 1972 .....2 yrs after she had me. But then she got divorced in 1976. But it was hers sister that told me she had 3 more kids and all i got is there first names.........and dont know which year or where they were born or even which surnames they would have been registered in. I have her maiden surname and her first marriage name and a possible other surname and her date of birth but only one address which was in 1970. But i was informed she moved away from there and the property is now converted into flats. Please note that im relating to Scotland!!

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 2 Oct 2009 22:17

Ojh dear! Could have done with the Scottish reference before Gavin, as I don't think you can search in the same way. Maybe change the heading to include this?

EDIT See you have! Couldn't miss it!!!!!!
Jan