Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Cammell Lairds 1950s and 60s ?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Shannette

Shannette Report 8 Oct 2009 18:32

My aunt is over here from America and would like to reconnect with an old friend whom she knew when she was young. His name was Michael Law and he lived in Rockferry and worked in Cammell Lairds.He was born about 1935.I wondered if anyone could point me in the right direction to find him.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 8 Oct 2009 18:52

take a look in Search Trees top of the page to see if he is any trees on this site

might be worth contacting Cammel Lairds [if they still exist] - their HR department may have some leads for you

Shannette

Shannette Report 8 Oct 2009 18:58

Thanks Anne I'd already looked and founf nothing obvious on here. Also tried quite a few other sites including friends reunited. I'll try the firm if I have to but as she goes back next week I was hoping to do something more immediate.She's also looking for her best friend from school Dorothy Harrison who went to Galtres school with her. then went to New Zealand. She seems to think I have the gift for finding people as I do family history !

Tudor

Tudor Report 9 Oct 2009 14:48

Shanette. You could try the Liverpool Echo (google for the address), which has a weekend column called 'Old Pals'. Give them as much information as you have, and it might produce results. I see this sort of thing each Saturday, so it might well be worth a try !

Jean

Jean Report 9 Oct 2009 16:22

Hi Shannette,Ive emailed you.

Shannette

Shannette Report 9 Oct 2009 18:28

Thanks for that idea Phantom.

Shannette

Shannette Report 10 Oct 2009 07:57

Thanks Antipodes but Dorothy would be 72 as my aunt is. She also thinks that maybe she returned to this country at some point.

Battenburg

Battenburg Report 10 Oct 2009 13:29

Google icLiverpool.co.uk.

There is an ex pats forum where you can leave requests for information online

Shannette

Shannette Report 10 Oct 2009 18:06

Thanks Quinsgran--love your name !

Shannette

Shannette Report 18 Oct 2009 11:54

In case anyone's wondering I put messages on the Liverpool and Wirral sites but have had no luck so far.

Battenburg

Battenburg Report 18 Oct 2009 19:10

Hope you get a result before your aunt goes back to America