Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ancestry Workhouse Records

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Gemerald

Gemerald Report 21 Oct 2009 13:47

Does anyone have the direct link to the Ancestry Workhouse records bookmarked?

Or perhaps, some tips on how you are supposed to find different records collections on Ancestry?

I know they are there, but since they disappeared from "featured records" i haven't been able to find them!

Thanks,
Gem

Chris in Sussex

Chris in Sussex Report 21 Oct 2009 14:35

Gem

Hope this is what you want....

http://search.ancestry.co.uk/iexec/Default.aspx?htx=List&dbid=1557&offerid=0%3a7858%3a0

Chris

Gemerald

Gemerald Report 21 Oct 2009 15:29

Chris,
Thanks, that link is helpful (and i've now bookmarked it), But i remember a search screen where you could search by surname, year etc... and see if there were any children born or baptised in the Workhouse with those names.

Gem

AuntySherlock

AuntySherlock Report 22 Oct 2009 13:24

I know what you are talking about. It was on here not that long ago. Try googling "Workhouse records", add the name of a place for a closer match.

Gemerald

Gemerald Report 23 Oct 2009 01:16

Thanks AuntySherlock, at least i know i'm not imagining them!

Google searches are not helping in this case... i wonder if they have removed them for some reason?

Edit: Okay, so i finally figured out what they have done. The Workhouse births and baptism records have been combined with the new London baptism records they have just added.

I cant believe it took me two days to figure that out...and after all that, no record of my elusive ancestor!
Back to the drawing board.

Gem

AuntySherlock

AuntySherlock Report 23 Oct 2009 03:50

Hmmmmmm. I'm beginning to wonder if Ancestry will be taking over the family history research of the Martians. They seem to have our Earth covered somewhat comprehensively!!!

Let me see Google Mars. Date of birth 1 martian year, 425 days, etc ,etc