Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

census records

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Alan

Alan Report 22 Oct 2009 09:02

hi,does anyone know how to nudge a census page to reveal the next page.i have half a household at the foot of a page but do not know how to get to the next page. alan

Jilliflower

Jilliflower Report 22 Oct 2009 09:07

Hello
Are you suggesting that you might be able to nudge census pages on Ancestry?
Jill

Jilliflower

Jilliflower Report 22 Oct 2009 09:18

Thanks both of you for letting me butt in - I am still at the watching and learning stage! Do not yet have subscription to Ancestry. Roll on Christmas.
Jill

Jilliflower

Jilliflower Report 22 Oct 2009 09:33

I might have done a bit of jumping, Jonesey, but I don't jump very high! I find all the tips most enlightening but it still doesn't help me to find out how to attract attention (see the nearby thread "which one is she please?) what am I doing so wrong that noone wants to play with me? :(
cheers, Jill

Alan

Alan Report 22 Oct 2009 20:18

hi JONESEY, i am looking at New Barns in Warkworth ,Northumberland.i was looking for two things (1) Henry J Miller who owned the farm in 1901 and (2) a complete list of the workers on the farm.I think that there was more than those listed at the foot of page No.24 Kind Regards Alan

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 22 Oct 2009 20:47

If you search for Daniel Mc Kay b. abt 1822 in Eccles ,Scotland, ...you will find him ( and others) on the next page.

There is a Henry J on page 24, but he is a child.

Gwyn