Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Looking for a Dutchman born 1893 ! not sure UK or

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Joanie

Joanie Report 23 Oct 2009 23:15

A Very Long Shot...
I am looking for a friend it is her great grandpa, named:
HENRY JOHN PRINSEN b.1893...he married Margaret Callaghan on...12/01/1918...in Liverpool Lancashire
His pa had same full name and was a bricklayer.
IF he was not born here is there a site in Holland we can check, i am sure someone has asked this type of question before.....Thank You... Joanie

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 23 Oct 2009 23:51

Joanie, have looked and can't find him anwhere. I have nudged a thread which deals with Dutch ancestry - should now be near this one. It's called:
Tips Board: Born in Holland 1825
Hope it helps!
Jan

Joanie

Joanie Report 23 Oct 2009 23:54

Thank you Jan, i have looked for her but no sign except his marriage, he did a runner i believe, she was wondering if he had any more children as he was ships fireman . girl in every port maybe...thanks for your help....sweet dreams Joanie

Joanie

Joanie Report 24 Oct 2009 00:02

Thanks Janet, that lead was good will have a look tomorrow....Ciao Joanie

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 24 Oct 2009 00:09

I assume your friend's grandpa was John?

Births Jun 1920
Prinsen John Callaghan Toxteth P 8b 290

He had a older brother Henry who died before he was born.

The page his birth is on is missing from Ancestry and FreeBMD but it's on LancsBMD.

Rose

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 24 Oct 2009 00:11

Margaret remarried in 1923. Was she listed as a widow then?

Rose

Joanie

Joanie Report 24 Oct 2009 00:22

sorry was looking on other site....he did a runner as far as she knows...went back to sea....i found one henry b 1894 or Henrick...thank you for all ur help will pass it all on...Joanie