Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Web cam help please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Tox

Tox Report 30 Oct 2009 20:15

Hi, I have managed to get in touch via web cam to my new found cousin, we are both new to this web cam, we both maximised the screen , unfortunatly we could'nt minimise the screen again, there was nothing on the screen to allow us to do this, can anyone help and tell us what we need to do please.
Thanks
Tox

Barbara

Barbara Report 30 Oct 2009 20:24

Sometimes the minimise comes up when you pass the mouse over it. Failing that you could try the escape key

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 30 Oct 2009 20:27

If you are desperate, try pressing 'esc' which should terminate the prog AND cut you off.

Try F11 if you've lost the tool bar

What website did you use to connect?

When we use MSN, there is a vertical bar with 'bits' on it to expand to full screen, then a symbol which looks like a folded corner of the page which reduces it again.

Tox

Tox Report 30 Oct 2009 21:06

Thanks Barbara and Det, I had to press the restart button to close the thing down, I managed to get back to my cousin on the small web cam screen doing this, we are both on Yahoo messenger and can talk over the internet. We both tried to find something to minimise the screen and didn't see anything that could do this for us, it was just a full screen of my cousins face, we both had a laugh and we think we'll hire ourselves out for Halloween, I will try your suggestions and thanks for help.

Regards
Tox

FRANK06

FRANK06 Report 31 Oct 2009 22:34

Normally a double click on the video screen will revert it back to normal.
A right click on the video screen should give you options as to how large / small a screen you would like.

If you still have problems, try Skype which gives you free video calls to other Skype users.
It's quite safe, my dear wife is on constantly to our daughter in America........saves me a fortune!

http://www.skype.com/intl/en-gb/