Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

How do you remove 1901 census attachment

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

CupCakes

CupCakes Report 31 Oct 2009 09:36

Found it very useful to attach the 1901 census to names in my GU tree.

However made one mistake but can't work out how to remove it.

Can anybody help

PollyPoppet

PollyPoppet Report 31 Oct 2009 09:49

Hi Susanne if you go to help at top of page next to my account then type in how to remove 1901 attachment something may come up there to help you

Julia

Julia Report 31 Oct 2009 09:52

Hi
To edit bring up your tree an choose the area you want to edit, then look at the tool bar underneath your tree there is a button that says edit tools click on that and it will give you various options including 'cut'

I have needed this one from time to time as well!

CupCakes

CupCakes Report 31 Oct 2009 10:02

Thanks

I'll give both options a try and come back to you

CupCakes

CupCakes Report 31 Oct 2009 16:01

Tried both but no luck - any other ideas

Thelma

Thelma Report 31 Oct 2009 16:27

I do not have any attachments but under;
"edit tools"
"clipboard"
Maybe what you are looking for.

CupCakes

CupCakes Report 31 Oct 2009 17:35

The clip board is used for copying records from one tree to another or editing the text.

Adding a photo or cert as an image can easily be deleted but the census attachment doesn't seem to have any way of removing it. Have now sent in a query tp GU. Lets see what they reply back. I'll post their message

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 1 Nov 2009 01:29

Go to the transcription of the record and above it to the right you will see "remove". Is this what you mean? If you have used it to add relatives you will have to remove them one-by-one I think. This is done by going to "edit this person" and clicking on "delete Fred Bloggs" - or whoever!

EDIT oh dear, I have given you ancestry instructions I fear and I suspect this is not what you are asking for?

Jan