Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Family Tree Hard copy

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Grahame

Grahame Report 2 Nov 2009 02:01

Does anyone know of a way that a family tree can be turned into an attractive copy that doesn't entail sticking together dozens of A4 sheets of paper? The site moderators have told me I can't split my tree into more easily managed lines but I want to be able to build a tree of my ancestors on my father's side and give it to him as a family memento.
Any ideas will be gratefully received.
Regards all
Grahame Race

GranOfOzRubySlippers

GranOfOzRubySlippers Report 2 Nov 2009 02:31

Hi, try the site below, I believe they do great work and prices are reasonable.

http://www.genealogyprinters.com/

If I remember correctly you will need to send them gedcom file.

Gail

Grahame

Grahame Report 3 Nov 2009 15:13

Thanks Gail. I have looked at the site and you are right. Their prices are very reasonable. I've only just found out what a gedcom file is so I'm still very much exploring what can be done once records are stored onto computer.
I'm a bit nervous that if I export my file I'll lose my work

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 3 Nov 2009 16:45

If you get in touch with Ron at www.genealogyprinters.com he is very good and will guide you through what they need and tell you how to do anything you are unsure of. He was a member of GenesReunited and was often on these boards but I haven't seen his name on here for a while.

Kath. x

Borobabs

Borobabs Report 3 Nov 2009 21:31

Keith is a member of Family trre forum and this addy ;;

http://www.familytreeforum.com

If you buy yourself a Family tree software program a lot of them let you build or split separate parts of the tree

Babs

Madmeg

Madmeg Report 3 Nov 2009 22:42

When I get round to doing my main tree, I will definitely use genealogy printers, their work is superb. In the meantime though, I have been doing trees and books for other people, and I have used my family tree programme to do a tree in stages so it fits on A4. For example, for Fred Bloggs, parents John Bloggs and Mary Smith, I have done a tree for John Bloggs with 4 or 5 ancestors and a separate one for Mary Smith with 4 or 5 ancestors. Then behind each one I have done a tree for each of the gg granparents. It works well.