Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Which is better?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Fiona

Fiona Report 2 Nov 2009 21:10

Do you think 1911.com cenus or the 1911 cenus available on Find My Past is the best when it comes to seaching and results? Thank you : )

Fiona

Fiona

Fiona Report 3 Nov 2009 16:57

Thank you both: ) Think I will try FMP then, still amazed that they are offering the price they are when it is so much more expensive on the 1911 site. Sorry I didn't reply sooner but have been at work today.

Ann

Ann Report 3 Nov 2009 19:20

I think you will find that they are both FMP. If you go into fmpbsol.1911census.co.uk up in the right hand corner its says Find my past and when you click to buy credits its also FMP.

Fiona

Fiona Report 4 Nov 2009 21:57

Yep your right lol. I was under the understanding that they were two separate sites and FMP had brought the right to offer looks up too. But somewhere thought that the 1911 site offered better results. But no so?
Thank you.