Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

HELP PLEASE WITH ANCESTRY.COM

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Carol

Carol Report 4 Nov 2009 11:05

I think Ive made a big mistake as I signed up for ancestrys free 14 day trial and now panicking in case they automatically make me a full member after the trial period as they do have my bank details from a while ago. I went to 'my account' and followed the link to 'how can I unsubscribe' but couldnt seem to get any further. PLEASE can someone advise as I really cant afford the subscription and dont know whether by taking the 14 day trial it will lead to this. Thanks in anticipation

kay

kay Report 4 Nov 2009 11:09

Flo,
When I did the same..I couldnt find how to unsubscribe...so rang them.
They were very helpful,but you need to do it within 14 days
kay

GranOfOzRubySlippers

GranOfOzRubySlippers Report 4 Nov 2009 11:13

When you log into Ancestry, at the top of the screen you will see My Account, open that then on the right hand side there is an option to Cancel Subscription this will take you to a Confirm Your Account, you then enter you password. It will then enable you to cancel.

Best thing to do is cancel on the 12 or 13 day, NOT the fourteenth.

Regards

Gail

Carol

Carol Report 4 Nov 2009 18:13

Thank you Ive phoned them and they were very helpful. Phew, what a panic xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx