Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Cemetry Records?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Barbara

Barbara Report 7 Nov 2009 05:06

Does anyone know if there are records to search for burials in either the Highgate or Finchley Cemetries?
Barbara

LakesLass

LakesLass Report 7 Nov 2009 07:43

Hi Barbara
Don't know if there are any searchable records but I know we wrote to Highgate cemetary about 15+ years ago seaching for late grandfather in law and they were very helpful.
A few years ago I wrote to a cemetary in Enfield, Middx where some of my late dads family are buried and they to were very helpful. I just gave them as much info as I could - names dates etc and they emailed me back with burial plot details. I then arranged for them to send a site map through - which they did - and so we visited. My 12yr old though it was great fun trying to find the plots of his ancestors!
Some gravestones were there some older ones were not but at least we saw the areas they were buried in - we were going back from 2000 to 1920's.

Sue

Sue Report 7 Nov 2009 12:45

You might be lucky with 'Findagrave.com'. I've managed to find several of my relatives on there.

Sue