Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find second marriage?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

51year59

51year59 Report 7 Nov 2009 23:04

How do I find out about a second Mariage? Annie Richmond born 1908 at Keighley, West Yorkshire married Fred Hill at St. Annes catholic church, Keighley in 1930. They had two daughters Doreen 1930 and Freda Hill 1931 at Keighley. Fred died 1931/32. Word of mouth says Annie remarried and had a son but I don't know when? Annie died in 1989 at Manorlands Hospice, Oxenhope, near Keighley.How will I find details of this second marriage and her son?

Lindsey*

Lindsey* Report 7 Nov 2009 23:05

Do you know what name she was buried under please ?

Madmeg

Madmeg Report 7 Nov 2009 23:15

If you get her death certificate it should say who was her husband, then you can find the marriage.

51year59

51year59 Report 7 Nov 2009 23:18

Sorry no I do not. I know ,her second daughter Freda married twice, her second marriage gives her the surname myers.Freda gave me access to her tree but all names are hidden and the lady does not want to answer any of my questions reguarding her sister Doreen or her own first marriage, her childrens names or her mother my great auntie's second marriage. So I don't know where to start to track Annie's second marriage.

Smiley

Smiley Report 7 Nov 2009 23:18

Is this her death?

Name: Annie Hill
Birth Date: 8 Jul 1908
Death Registration Month/Year: Aug 1989
Age at death (estimated): 81
Registration district: York
Inferred County: Yorkshire
Volume: 2
Page: 2699

If so, I wonder why she went back to Hill.

51year59

51year59 Report 7 Nov 2009 23:28

Thank you for this. Maybe she never married again just had a son to another partner. Which would maybe explain why Freda does not want to answer any of my quiries. Its sad I have found from doing my family tree that my dad had quite a few aunties and uncles that my brother and I never knew about or got the chance to meet. I would just like to get to know a little about them and Annie Richmond is proving to be a difficult task.

June

June Report 7 Nov 2009 23:28

sent you a pm