Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Info please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Margaret

Margaret Report 13 Nov 2009 22:24

If I make a post on 'Trying to Find' will that same surname automatically show up on 'Filter by Surname'?

Or do I have to make a separate posting on that section? I don't want to double up (causing people who want to help, to repeat what has already been given as information).

Thanks for any tips....

Margaret

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 13 Nov 2009 22:45

no - it won't turn up on here

TootyFruity

TootyFruity Report 13 Nov 2009 23:00

However if you post on surnames board it will turn up on here too

Margaret

Margaret Report 13 Nov 2009 23:26

ooh! I see.... thanks Anne of Green Gables and Barbara!

Regards, Margaret

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 14 Nov 2009 00:08

If you post a surname on 'Trying to find' it WILL work on the 'Filter by surname' - but won't show up on the 'Tips' board

Margaret

Margaret Report 14 Nov 2009 01:11

Hello Maggiwinchester,

Unfortunately, it doesn't...... As Barbara has just pointed out to me, I need to enter it onto the 'Surname Board' first, then it will show up on 'Trying to Find' Board, not the other way round!

On Nov 9, I posted a Trying to Find' for William Watkinson/ Mary Dunbavin (Dunbiben),
expecting to see it show up (sometime) later. It didn't. I should've asked the question 'first! lol

Oh well, live and learn! :)

Kind Regards, Margaret