Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1911 census address search - where am I going wron

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

dizzyjo

dizzyjo Report 16 Nov 2009 20:33

I have been reading Jonesesy tip for finding a address on the 1911 census.
I am on the Person search. I then go to advanced search.
Is that the same as Show advanced fields? If not, I cannot find it.
I put in my County, District, and can find no room for the address, so come up with umpteen places in a village.
Where am I going wrong?

I printed off the instructions!!!

Do hope someone can help

Jo

dizzyjo

dizzyjo Report 16 Nov 2009 20:54

Hello Jonesey

I will print off these instructions and give it another go.
I am actually not concerned about the people in the house, it was an old farmhouse where I was brought up and have collected the censuses for it each year, so having read your bit, thought I would try and find out who lived in the house in 1911, to go with my house history!!

Many thanks
Jo

dizzyjo

dizzyjo Report 16 Nov 2009 21:08

Jonesey

I am on FMP for the 1911 census.

I cannot seem to get 'Show advanced fields' only 'advanced search'
I can put in the county by arrowhead
I have NO click on arrowhead by the District, so have to type that in.
I have no 'resitential place' box to type the actual address

I am not doing very well

Jo

Kay????

Kay???? Report 16 Nov 2009 21:40

Hi Josephine,

You arent doing anything wrong..only the instructions quoted are from which is the normal one used,
1911 census.co. uk site.

.where address search is possible,,,,findmypast has a different format of seaching.

1911 is viewable by buying credits.@£6-95 for 30.....10 credits gives a transcript and 30 gives full image....

you can sign in to 1911 with the same login details from findmypast..

dizzyjo

dizzyjo Report 16 Nov 2009 22:01

Jonesey and Kay

Ah .......... that is where I was going wrong. Use the 1911 site. Cannot use my sub on this site though, or it would not allow me.

I see I have approx 70 people to check to find the one who lived in the farmhouse, while the others lived on the farm but in the farm cottages!!!!

Think I will think about that.
Many thanks for your help
Jo