Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1911 census

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Carole

Carole Report 18 Nov 2009 16:20

Hi there
Could anyone tell me which sites give info from the 1911 census ?
Thank you.

KeithInFujairah

KeithInFujairah Report 18 Nov 2009 16:27

www.1911census.co.uk/ pay per view site, also available on Findmypast as subscription or pay as you go.

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 18 Nov 2009 18:52

Both sites are run by Find My Past. Currently there are no other sites offering access.

Do be aware though that the two access options use completely separate search engines and can give different results on a search, even though the underlying records are one and the same.

Feedback suggests the PAYG site has far superior search options but the SUB site is far cheaper overall when it comes accessing the info.

A number of members have suggested using the PAYG site first for searches (as this part is free) to find what you want, then moving the SUB site to see the info.

Carole

Carole Report 16 Dec 2009 08:18

Hi there to both of you who replied to my query about the 1911 census. The information is very useful and I will get on to it. I'm sorry about the delay in replying to you. Best wishes, Carole.

Madmeg

Madmeg Report 16 Dec 2009 20:45

They definitely throw up different results at times.

Also the search criteria is different. On the 1911census site you can search for a person and find other possible family members without any payment. Not possible on FMP.

Thelma

Thelma Report 16 Dec 2009 22:25

I do free household searches on fmp all the time.
It is very simple.
Eg
new 1911 person search
advanced search
registration district southampton
Other persons living in same household
lily abrahams
-------------------------------
Household ABRAHAMS, Emily 1892 19 F Southampton Hampshire VIEW VIEW
Household ABRAHAMS, Henry 1845 66 M Southampton Hampshire VIEW VIEW
Household ABRAHAMS, Martha 1849 62 F Southampton Hampshire VIEW VIEW
Household BLAUD, William 1895 16 M Southampton Hampshire VIEW VIEW
Household HART, James 1887 24 M Southampton Hampshire VIEW VIEW
Household HART, James 1909 2 M Southampton Hampshire VIEW VIEW
Household HART, Katherine 1885 26 F Southampton Hampshire VIEW VIEW
Household HART, Thomas 1910 1 M Southampton Hampshire
---------------------------
Now try doing that on the other site.

Carole

Carole Report 2 Jan 2010 07:19

Thank you to those of you who replied to my query about the 1911 census - very useful info. Regards Carole.