Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Adobe

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Estelle

Estelle Report 26 Nov 2009 16:22

Hello, to view images once you have paid for credits I understand that to view, 'Adobe' needs to be set a certain way. Is someone able to tell me what the setting is, as this is what my previous problem was without knowing. (Must admit though that not very computer bright:-( Thanks in advance. Estelle

AllanC

AllanC Report 26 Nov 2009 17:05

Hello
As far as I am aware there is no special setting required, but it's a long time since I viewed any images on GR, so things might have changed.

But of course you've got to have Adobe reader installed - that shouldn't be a problem as it comes bundled with lots of software packages - lots of hardware doesn't have printed instruction manuals any more so they put Adobe on the software so that you can read it on screen instead.

If you haven't got Adobe reader you can download it for free from www.adobe.com/uk/products/acrobat/

Mayfield

Mayfield Report 27 Nov 2009 12:09

Hi Estelle,
Like AllanC I have never had a problem with viewing via Adobe. I just downloaded the program and it worked ok. I must admit that I haven’t used it to download for a couple of months but I think if there had been some change, the message boards would reflect it.

If you have the program installed and have the latest version but still get trouble, are you sure some of your security settings are not blocking downloads from sites in some way? Do you get any kind of message flagged up when it fails to display?

Regards
Mayfield

Estelle

Estelle Report 29 Nov 2009 20:10

Hello AllanC and Mayfield, Thanks so much for coming back to me. I will again buy credits and see what happens. Not very computer literate so sometimes dont understand. Thanks again for your help...

Estelle