Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

BIRTH CERTIFICATE ,TIPPERARY IRELAND 1869

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mgtjwl

Mgtjwl Report 28 Nov 2009 12:21

I was wondering, How do I order 1869 Birth Certificate from Tipperary Ireland . Please

Marggie

Carol

Carol Report 28 Nov 2009 12:41

You need to contact:
The Civil Registration Service,
Office Of the Registrar General,
Government Offices,
Convent Road,
Roscommon,
Co. Roscommon,
Ireland
Tel: (090) 663 2900
Fax: (090) 663 2999
The website is:
www.groireland.ie
If you get onto website you can download an application form and send it to them. However, you cannot apply on line. It usually takes about 2 weeks to arrive. The staff are helpful if you need to phone up. They usually search two years either side of the date you supply( unless you know for certain).

Mgtjwl

Mgtjwl Report 28 Nov 2009 12:47

THANK YOU Carol

Marggie

Mgtjwl

Mgtjwl Report 28 Nov 2009 12:49

Carol I have copy and pasted hope you are ok with this
You need to contact:The Civil Registration Service,Office Of the Registrar General,Government Offices,Convent Road,Roscommon,Co. Roscommon,IrelandTel: (090) 663 2900Fax: (090) 663 2999The website is:www.groireland.ie If you get onto website you can download an application form and send it to them. However, you cannot apply on line. It usually takes about 2 weeks to arrive. The staff are helpful if you need to phone up. They usually search two years either side of the date you supply( unless you know for certain

Carol

Carol Report 28 Nov 2009 16:09

Marggie, I think the cost of the certificate is about 10 Euros. You need to give them as much information as possible if you are unsure of exact date eg area of residence, They told me to be aware that births were not always registered within months of the event at that time so that is why they search 2 years either side. They will also phone you if they uncover more than one likely candidate. Also, you can order them over the phone. Hope this helps. Carol

*stinkermurdock*

*stinkermurdock* Report 28 Nov 2009 16:11

Hi Marggie

I have just recieved 2 certs from Ireland for Dublin. They cost me 8 Euros each and arrived in 2 weeks. I tend to fax my forms off because I am so impatient lol. Good luck in your search.

Tracie.

mgnv

mgnv Report 28 Nov 2009 22:03

What Tracie bought were UNCERTIFIED copies of the registration. A CERTIFIED copy contains exactly the same info, but costs 10 euros. You would need the latter if you were applying for a passport, OAP, etc.