Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

PC Software for Family Trees

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Carol

Carol Report 28 Nov 2009 17:13

I am looking to buy some Software for my PC to help me build my familt tree. I want something which wil allow me to upload certificates, newspaper items, maybe video/cine clips as well as having a range of fuctions for building the tree. I have seen some advertised but confused about the choices available: Family Tree Maker, Familt Historian, Roots Magic etc. I would be most grateful for any information or experiences of other users with various packages. Can you help?
Carol

Barbara

Barbara Report 28 Nov 2009 17:38

I use myheritage family tree maker. It is free to download so you can have a look to see if it suits you before paying out.

RutlandBelle

RutlandBelle Report 28 Nov 2009 17:59

I have used Family Tree Maker 2006 and find it very easy. if you search about you will probably find one to purchase with a sub to Ancestry. I had 3mths free with mine. if you are already with Ancestry they will extend your sub

FRANK06

FRANK06 Report 28 Nov 2009 20:44

Family Tree Maker 2010 Platinum Edition £29.99
Comes with 6 months Ancestry Essentials

Family Tree Maker 2010 Deluxe Edition £24.99
Comes with 3 months Ancestry Essentials

http://www.amazon .co.uk

"Who do you think we are" Version 3 Standard £9.99
Comes with 1 months Ancestry Essentials
PC World ........

Carol

Carol Report 9 Jan 2010 00:02

Thank you for all your help and advice. Santa brought me the Platinum Family Tree Maker-really pleased with it especially the 6 months subscription to Ancestry.!!

Irene

Irene Report 9 Jan 2010 08:58

I also had the family tree 2010 programme and was already a premium member of Ancestry and was really pleased as they extended my premium membership by 6 months. I thought the six months would be essentail membership so well pleased as the actual programme was only £15 from Tesco points. Irene