Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

lost family bible

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sylark

Sylark Report 29 Nov 2009 21:40

I have a family member looking for a lost family bible in the UK. In north america there are websites for lost bibles - is there anything like that in the UK?

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 29 Nov 2009 21:59

I don't know of any websites specifically for lost bibles, but there are quite a few sold on Ebay, so you could look there.

Kath. x

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 30 Nov 2009 13:49

RootsChat.com has a page directly concerning family bibles. It's free to join and and an extremely helpful site. May be useful to you.

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 30 Nov 2009 16:00

My mother remembered a family Bible, but we had no idea what had happened to it.
By ringing round her cousins and their families, I located it and was so pleased that I could show Mum before she died.

Ours had passed from Father( a widower ) to his eldest daughter, to her son then to HIS son.

Yours may also be with a family of a different surname, but with a distant link.

Gwyn