Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Stuck

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Joanne

Joanne Report 12 Dec 2009 15:05

Hi, am trying to find the birth certs for Frederick George Andrews, born around 1905, father'sname Frederick George Andrews, father's occupation carpenter. He married Elsie Keeling Barber in 1930. Am also searching for her birth cert, born around 1903, father's name Charles Alfred Barber, father's occupation doctor.
Any help would be wonderful, hank you in advance.

Choccy

Choccy Report 12 Dec 2009 15:11

for reference

Marriages Dec 1930 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Andrews Frederick G Barber Paddington 1a 61
Barber Elsie K Andrews Paddington 1a 61

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 12 Dec 2009 22:56

Witnesses would help too.

Rose

Joanne

Joanne Report 13 Dec 2009 22:30

Keeling is Elsie middle name. Witness' are Ada Shiel and M Hyelt.
I only have basic information off their marriage cert to go off. I know it's not alot but thank you to eveyone for their help so far.
Joe

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 14 Dec 2009 00:51

Do you know when they died?

Rose

Joanne

Joanne Report 14 Dec 2009 16:38

I know she died around 1977 in New Zealand. Am unsure of when he died, family story around the end of WW2.
I know she emmigrated in 1947 to NZ on the S/S Arawa with my grandfather and his sister.

Berniethatwas

Berniethatwas Report 14 Dec 2009 18:57

G'day,
Elsie died before mid 1975 and was a widow at the time. A check of the various Auckland cemeteries may throw up some better information.
B

Mick in the Sticks

Mick in the Sticks Report 15 Dec 2009 12:44

The christening of Fredrick George Andrews with a father of the same name and the mothers name being Celia Anna is show on the LMA London baptismal records.

He was christened on 23 Oct 1901 at St Mary, Prince Rd, Lambeth. The families home address at the time was 124 Vauxhall Walk. The father is a carpenter.

This ties in with the registered birth of;

Frederick George Andrews 1901 Lambeth 4th quarter, volume 1d, page 355.

Michael

Mick in the Sticks

Mick in the Sticks Report 15 Dec 2009 15:24

Further to my earlier message on the christening and birth of Frederick George Andrews, it would also now appear that his parents names were Frederick George Andrews and Celia Hannah Bowery. They were married St Marys, Princes Rd, Lambeth on 02 Aug 1896. Frederick age is given as 21 (c1875) and Celia's age is 19 (c1877). They were living at 33 Frank St, Lambeth at the time and Frederick's occupation is again shown as a carpenter.

The fathers are John Andrews, a pipe maker and Francis Bowery, an engine driver.

Witnesses were Charles Edward Andrews and Ellen Bowery.

Michael

Joanne

Joanne Report 7 Jan 2010 16:03

Thank you so, so, so much for that information!
I am only begining with the research, so thank you again for that information, where did you find it? There must be a load of sites I haven't found yet for this.
Again Thank you
Joanne

Treehunter

Treehunter Report 7 Jan 2010 16:34

I have nugde a tread up for you with usefull stie

Good luck

Hazelx