Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1911 census and Irish records.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Louise

Louise Report 19 Dec 2009 13:37

Two questions really;
Can i view the 1911 census records through this site or ancestry or is that an extra one to pay for?
also,
Where can i view Irish records? I'm trying to trace an ancestor called Peter Dunn Born in Dublin in 1843.

Helen in Bucks

Helen in Bucks Report 19 Dec 2009 13:45

the 1911 UK census is only available as either pay per view (on www.1911census.co.uk) or subscription / pay per view on Find My Past

Bren from Oldham

Bren from Oldham Report 19 Dec 2009 13:53

Try googling 1911 census Ireland .you will find the national archives site put in the name you are looking for without an age and it will come up with all the people with the same name and their address.

If you find the right one click on the surname and that will take you to another page that will allow you to view the actual census return
its free to look at

Louise

Louise Report 19 Dec 2009 13:57

Thanks for the replies, though the questions were separate and the Irish records i want to look at are the earlier ones did they do a census ? also wanted to look at finding peter Dunn' s birth certificate?

mgnv

mgnv Report 19 Dec 2009 15:56

Helen in Bucks has given incorrect info - what she says only applies to England and Wales, not the UK. In particular, Scotland is not yet available (100 y closure) and Ireland is free at:
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/search/

You won't get a b.cert as they only started in 1864. The GRO(I) index is online at:
http://pilot.familysearch.org/recordsearch/start.html#p=allCollections;r=1
What you might hope for is a baptismal record, but there's an awful lot of churches

Kay

Kay Report 19 Dec 2009 16:46

You will find old Dublin baptisms on the following website:
www.irishgenealogy.ie