Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

THIS IS MY REASON I HAVE GOT THE BEST XMAS PRESENT

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Carter

Carter Report 24 Dec 2009 16:05

Hi to everyone
sorry i have not been on here for quite awhile . i must have tons of messages i havent answered but i have had a very good reason. my husband has been in hospital for 9 weeks. he had been in a coma for 3 weeks and the good news is HE HAS COME HOME FOR XMAS. so that is the best xmas present i could ever have.
This year i havent done the usual shopping trudge or wondering what presents to buy. we had simply taken xmas off our calendar and just constantly prayed that my hubby would get well. family and friends have been terrific and it has certainly brought home the true meaning of xmas. not the presents or the food or spending money that we cant afford but knowing that our loved ones are safe and well.
so i would like to take this opportunity to wish you all a VERY MERRY XMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR.
I got the best xmas present i have ever had hope you all get the same x x
love to you all Linda x x x x

KeithInFujairah

KeithInFujairah Report 24 Dec 2009 16:08

That is fantastic news for you Linda, here's hoping your hubby continues to make progress at home and you can have a lovely Christmas with him by your side.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 24 Dec 2009 18:30

what wonderful news - enjoy your Christmas and spoil him something rotten - but don't let him take advantage!!!!! As you say, the true meaning of Christmas - nothing else matters

ANN XX

LindyLoo2

LindyLoo2 Report 24 Dec 2009 20:20

Hi Linda, your message is very poignant (hope I spelt that right) and very apt on this amazing christmas eve - isn't that what its all about and you put it so well, at the end of the day if you have your health you have everything and we all know that generations before us were no where near as lucky as us in their everyday living conditions - I hope and pray that your hubby continues to make a full recovery and that you have the best xmas ever - Linda x

Sally

Sally Report 24 Dec 2009 21:56

the best christmas to you both and good luck for the new year sally

Joy

Joy Report 24 Dec 2009 23:13

Wonderful news, best Christmas present ever :-)

Cheshiremaid

Cheshiremaid Report 25 Dec 2009 01:02

That is wonderful news Linda...

Wishing you both a Very Happy Christmas and my Best Wishes for 2010.

Linda x

lancashireAnn

lancashireAnn Report 25 Dec 2009 17:21

fantastic Linda

My son was born Christmas Day and his daughter was born last Monday which makes me realise how my parents must have felt all those years ago - that the best Christmas is when your family is healthy and safe, that is the very best present worth more than anything money can buy.

Happy Christmas & a good New Year to all

Sue (Sylvia Z )

Sue (Sylvia Z ) Report 26 Dec 2009 09:33

Linda that is the best Christmas present you could wish for. Hope you are having a lovely time together.xx

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 26 Dec 2009 09:56

Such good news after the worry of the last few weeks.

I hope you are enjoying the special Christmas 'present' of family company.

Gwyn

Carter

Carter Report 27 Dec 2009 23:26

thanks for all you good wishes and i hope you all had a wonderful xmas and are looking forward to 2010 i know i am
love linda x x x