Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Managing threads on Community boards

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

LizRees

LizRees Report 30 Dec 2009 23:08

Hi,

This is a general question so that I can avoid causing confusion if possible!

I have a thread on TTF which I started on 28 Dec. It was a request for help with the Erixon family.

Today I added a new query to the same thread, so that helpers could see the full history of the family to date.

Now I have another question, of a more general nature, but it arises because of a particular event in the Erixon family history.

Is it best for me to continue with the original thread, even though it's a specific and generalised query, which might be more relevant to the Tips or History boards?

Or, is there a way of changing the original thread title to reflect an update?

Been using GR for a year or so, still trying to get my head around it.

Thanks

Liz

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 30 Dec 2009 23:27

Yes, you can edit your thread title. Open up the thread and there should be an "Edit" button so you can change your title. Haven't done it for quite a while but I know you can do it as people often change the title of a thread to add "SORTED" at the end if they have been given all the information they were looking for.

Kath. x

LizRees

LizRees Report 31 Dec 2009 00:15

Hi Kath,

Thanks for the advice. I should have looked a bit more closely.

In case anyone else is following this: Have just updated my thread and it says "Ooops".

I think I will now need to nudge it as the system doesn't seem to have put it at the top.

Liz