Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I was in "terrier mode"

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kathlyn

Kathlyn Report 1 Jan 2010 14:51

Some months ago I asked why a family had been listed on a ship going to the States but they had all been crossed through.

I found the answer this morning........They sailed on a different ship about 6 weeks later.

It would be interesting to know why the first trip had been cancelled after their names had been added to the passenger list. It could be because of death as on the first ship she had named her mother in law as her contact in the UK, but on the second attempt she names her father.

Kathlyn

Joan

Joan Report 1 Jan 2010 22:34

Hi soft as
I suppose an illness could have prevented them travelling on the proposed ship as planned.
My family including brother in law were booked on a flight and cruise in August this year when my brother in law decided to become really ill in the airport lounge and we had to blue light it to Luton Hospital.
So, our names were on the flight schedule and sailing schedule and I bet crossed off.
Joan
PS we flew and sailed a few days later without BIL who was then ok but I refused to take him !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! for being such a naughty boy !

Battenburg

Battenburg Report 2 Jan 2010 01:06

Have you tried looking for the death of the mother in law?