Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Found a wonderful site for photos

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Heather

Heather Report 2 Jan 2010 14:26

Just googling the address of one of mine on their marriage cert in Rotherhithe and up came this wonderful site with dozens of photos of buildings in the area - albeit it recent - showing the old buildings with some details aswell. I dare say it covers the country, so worth having a look and search on it.

http://www.geograph.org.uk/search.php?i=9917028

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!)

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!) Report 2 Jan 2010 15:41

Fabulous site Heather

Jill

Minnehik

Minnehik Report 2 Jan 2010 18:59

What a wonderful site Heather! It opens up the most fantastic opportunities. It's a collection point for information and photos on eveything every where. Anyone with a few spare hours should try it. Glad you tripped over it. Thanks!

Johnson

Johnson Report 2 Jan 2010 20:12

Brilliant.
Many thanks for this tip.

Rosey

Heather

Heather Report 2 Jan 2010 20:13

Im still copying stuff off it - going through my peoples certs to find addies and then looking for them on there. You are allowed to copy as long as you acknowledge the photographer and the site.

Katinahat

Katinahat Report 2 Jan 2010 20:23

Great site.
Many thanks
Kat

J* Near M3.Jct4

J* Near M3.Jct4 Report 9 Jan 2010 17:26

Just spent an hour looking around, very interesting site. Thanks for link.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 9 Jan 2010 22:28

Bookmarked, I will look tomorrow, thanks Heather