Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Grandfather Thomas Smith

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kirsty

Kirsty Report 3 Jan 2010 16:15

I'm afraid I haven't got many details. His name was Thomas George Smith, We believe he was born in Shortlands, Bromley Kent approx 1890 - first child was born in 1920 and we believe he had a brother called Charles and William. Have found one census record which may match, but this is Bromley Bow, which is a different area altogether!! Any help would be appreciated.

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!)

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!) Report 3 Jan 2010 16:33

Do you have his marriage cert?

What is his age on that and what is his father's name and occupation?

Jill

Julie

Julie Report 3 Jan 2010 16:34

Your best bet would be to get his marriage cert...that will give you his age, Dads name & Dads occupation

Kirsty

Kirsty Report 11 Jan 2010 18:06

I now have his marriage certicate.

Thomas George Smith aged 25. Wedding date 21 August 1918.
Was living at 33 Recreation Road, Shortlands (nr beckenham/bromley kent).

Fathers name - you've guessed it Thomas Smith - a bootmaker! But again I am up against the impossible as there are hundreds of them and can't find any in that area which match!

Don't know where to turn from here!