Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Last day to get Ancestry Worldwide for £90

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 3 Jan 2010 19:04

Ends at 5am UK time.

http://www.ancestry.ca:80/lp_globe?o_xid=36942&o_lid=36942&lcid=4105

Rose.

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 3 Jan 2010 19:05

Forgot to mention that you don't need to be in Canada to take advantage of this offer. The Worldwide sub works for any country including the UK. Join on on the Canadian site for the good rate and then login to Ancestry.co.uk afterwards.

I just renewed on the Canadian site and I'm not in Canada.

I was charged 149 Canadian Dollars and then I logged back in to Ancestry.co.uk to get the UK centric search results.

Rose

Evelyn

Evelyn Report 3 Jan 2010 20:10

I live in Canada, but have an Ancestry.com Australia membership as it was 50% off last year. It expires next month. Can I join Ancestry Canada today, under a new email address, even if the subscriptions overlap for a month?
Thanks for any help.

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 3 Jan 2010 20:33

Evelyn,

Give it a try. Sounds like it would work. You'll need a new username and password and email address.

Rose

GeordieCath

GeordieCath Report 3 Jan 2010 20:48

Rose ,
Can you help me get on to the correct site as i can,t get in from the link you have posted and when i go direct to the ca site it says it costs 299 for the year .

Sorted it now but it did cost me about 175 ca dollars ( about £103 GB pounds )by the time they added the tax but still cheaper then uk..

Thanks for the tip

Evelyn

Evelyn Report 3 Jan 2010 21:44

Hi Click on the purple..........

i know I need a new email address, but if I give a new username and password how will I be able to get to my old records? Thanks

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 4 Jan 2010 02:52

Evelyn,

That will be a problem then. You will need a new login to take advantage of the offer as you currently have a subscription.

Rose

Evelyn

Evelyn Report 4 Jan 2010 15:35

Hi Click on the purple.......

Many thanks. I have successfully subscribed!