Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Is it possible using when using Ancestry

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Linda

Linda Report 10 Jan 2010 21:10

to type in the persons name and D.O.B. and get full details of birth, marriage and death in one go rather than search all the birth records, then all the marriage and finally all the deaths individually.

Lindsey*

Lindsey* Report 10 Jan 2010 21:15

sorry you will get a list of guestimates to choose from but nothing as concrete as your wish list !

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!)

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!) Report 11 Jan 2010 00:54

If it's a reasonably rare name - and a man - it might work. Otherwise very unlikely.

Jill

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 11 Jan 2010 04:33

If the events are between July 1 1837 and about 1940 ..... it is better to go to www.freebmd.org.uk

There it is possible to click on All Records, enter the person's name, and you will then get a listing of all people with that name who were born, married or died during the years you have specified .............. and within a geographical area if you have specified that.

Works well with relatively uncommon names.

Not good if common!!

sylvia

SpanishEyes

SpanishEyes Report 11 Jan 2010 07:07

Sylvia
i didn't know this I will try it, thanks for the tip

Bridget

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 11 Jan 2010 19:57

Pat

it should NOT have taken you to ancestry!!

Freebmd is an independent site, although ancestry buys the records from them, and so could be said to be helping to support the site and the work that volunteers are doing in transcribing the records..

Not sure what happened with you, but I suggest that you try it again.

sylvia

George_of_Westbury

George_of_Westbury Report 11 Jan 2010 20:00

I think Pat is putting the info in the advert at the top of the page, this does take you to Ancestry.

George