Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

How do I buy a Rep Ireland marriage cert?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Rosemary48

Rosemary48 Report 11 Jan 2010 13:15

My great grandparents were married in Tralee, Rep Ireland in 1882. I would like to purchase a copy of their marriage cert. so I can trace their parents. I understand that I can't buy it using a credit/debit card or send euros (cash). Does anyone know how I can pay as it has to be in Euros? My cheque book is £sterling so thats no good either.
Many thanks.

Chris in Sussex

Chris in Sussex Report 11 Jan 2010 14:09

Rosemary

Your bank will be able to issue you a cheque in the relevant currency but they will make a charge for doing so.

Check with your bank direct or with their website online for likely costs.

Good luck
Chris

Rosemary48

Rosemary48 Report 11 Jan 2010 14:21

Hi Chris,
Thanks for that advice. I'll sort it out when I eventually get out of my snowbound prison!! Haven't managed to get my car freed from the ice and snow yet. My road is still 3 inches of sheet ice so although the main roads are clear I can't actually get to them! I digress - it's a shame the Irish Rep don't accept credit/debit cards - would be much easier. Thanks again
Regards
Rosemary

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 11 Jan 2010 15:32

You CAN use a credit card, in fact this is by far the easiest method. Your credit card co will convert euros to sterling.

Have a look at the web-site

http://www.groireland.ie/

Rosemary48

Rosemary48 Report 11 Jan 2010 16:32

Hi Pigletspal and InspectorGreenPen,
Many thanks for your input, can't wait to get hold of marriage cert so I can continue the family history.
Regards