Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Elizabeth Guyton Grimsby born 1964 (+/-4years)

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Andrew

Andrew Report 12 Jan 2010 17:23

could anybody with experience of searching people out help me in my effort to find if Elizabeth Guyton was ever to marry and if so what her name might of changed to. I search it a few months ago with no luck so if anybody could help it would be great

Penny

Penny Report 12 Jan 2010 17:40

Have you had a free 2 week trial of Ancestry ?- you could search yourself then.

thing is, without an idea of when ( other than from when she was 16 , and we dont know really when that was) its a big ask of anyone.

Of course. she may not have ever married

Contrary Mary

Contrary Mary Report 12 Jan 2010 17:54

There's only 1 Elizabeth Guyton marriage listed in Grimsby........but it's in 1967 so can't be the one you're looking for.

Mary

Thelma

Thelma Report 12 Jan 2010 18:19

Just a question did you mean 1964 or 1946?

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 12 Jan 2010 18:29

theres no 1960.s births , have you got the right info ?

Andrew

Andrew Report 12 Jan 2010 18:33

i've got her full details now birth was 1946

I think she married a Barry Pettiford born around 1941 of the grimsby area. She had siblings Cheryl and Edward. This search is really playing second fiddle for my quest to find Elizabeth and Barrys childrens whereabout. I have their birth info but can't find any death or marriage info on either of them. Obviously there is the chance they haven't married or died but its unlikely.
Their info
can be made available to anybody who wishes to help

Any help would be appreciated greatly as i'm not getting anywhere

Andrew

Andrew Report 12 Jan 2010 18:34

didn't notice the typing error!

Thelma

Thelma Report 12 Jan 2010 18:38

These are living people.We should not post details on here.

Andrew

Andrew Report 12 Jan 2010 18:41

point taken although i have no contact with any of my blood relatives on either my mothers or fathers side (father included) apart from my mother so my quest is pretty important. Any sensible tips would be appreciated

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 12 Jan 2010 18:53

Will PM you their marriage as this is personal info you are asking for.and shouldnt be on an open forum

Also 3 poss children PM,d

Andrew

Andrew Report 12 Jan 2010 19:15

one of the chidlren is my mother, which is my link to her. my mother was adopted at a young age and has no links to any of her original family so i was trying to build up the family so i could eventually try to contact them

Penny

Penny Report 12 Jan 2010 20:32

if your mother was adopted, its even more reason not to do it on an open forum.

Nothing to make a birth mother run faster in the opposite direction!

Mabe the other two were adopted as well, that quite possibly why you cant find them

Andrew

Andrew Report 12 Jan 2010 23:25

as far as i'm aware i haven't put in any details that aren't readily available to anybody who wants to know... and although the point is taken there is no real need to go on about it!

Thanks to those who have aided my search. i now have my mothers sisters, my mother's parents marriage and a possible remarriage for one of them. i also look to have a lead on my fathers side of the marriage. so once again thanks to the people who helped it means alot.THis is the start of alot more hard work i think!

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 12 Jan 2010 23:38

Actually Minnie I think the info posted has been the minimum that could be be in order to assist in any search.
I have been PMing and giving any later sensitive info as the people involved could be still living BUT there has to be a start info in order to try to help ,
I am VERY sensitive to personal info being posted on an open forum but there has to be some leeway in order to try to help.

Penny

Penny Report 13 Jan 2010 07:21

What you have put is that elizabeth gave a child for adoption! That fact isn't in the public domain.

I just think of it like this......

if I was to stumble across that fact of MY parent/sibling/relative , how would I feel?

Justs needs kid glove treatment, thats all I am saying

Andrew

Andrew Report 13 Jan 2010 15:21

thanks everybody once again, i've had very useful help off a couple of nice ladies and gentlemen. i'm now going to process it now and see where it gets me! i'm sure i'll be back on here soon enough requesting more help off some of the very skilled people here!

Andrew

Andrew Report 13 Jan 2010 15:51

winnie, that makes it sound like somebody should be ashamed for putting somebody up for adoption and need to keep it a secret. i see the point you're trying to make but i dont feel its really a valid one and that its an overly sensitive approach. A further note to this is that i personally know the circumstances surrounding the adoption and in my opinion i am not realising to much information.