Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Cape of Good Hope Inn, Cheshire

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sisterbee

Sisterbee Report 12 Jan 2010 22:53

Hi. Can anyone who lives in or near Malpas in Cheshire tell me if this odly named Inn is still there? It's address in 1920 was 'Cape of Good Hope Inn, Tilston Malpas, Cheshire'.
Also, can anyone do a look-up in the electoral register for me and tell me who was living there in about 1955?? I'm hoping it was great aunt Lily who's surname may have been Hewitt!!

Thanks!
CC

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 13 Jan 2010 04:40

Have you tried googling it

............. as was suggested in the other thread you have posted re this Inn

sylvia

Helen in Bucks

Helen in Bucks Report 13 Jan 2010 09:34

electoral rolls for this time period are not (I don't think) available on line, you will need to contact the local records office, probably Chester, they may do a free look up for you as you have all the details of what you want, some records offices do and some charge, if you google the records office they will have a website which will confirm if they have the electoral rolls for Malpas and will have contact tel no.s or e-mail address

Sisterbee

Sisterbee Report 13 Jan 2010 21:38

Thanks both of you, I'll try Googling and calling the records office.
CC