Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

No Hot Matches ???

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Christine

Christine Report 13 Jan 2010 14:53

What has happened to Hot Matches? I have not had any since 17/11/2009.

Christine

Linda in the Midlands

Linda in the Midlands Report 13 Jan 2010 14:56

I had some last week, but the usual load of rubbish where even the names didn't match!

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 13 Jan 2010 15:01

I got some this morning (first for quite a while) although no actual matches in them.

Kath. x

Andrew

Andrew Report 13 Jan 2010 15:05

mine turned up this morning. You're welcome to as many as you like!

Andy

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 13 Jan 2010 15:28

I got mine this morning but all efforts to look at them gets me a message to say site error cant process at the moment ,try later,big help that is "!!!.

Christine

Christine Report 13 Jan 2010 16:27

Thanks for replies I will have to see if mine come through. I must be lucky as it is not often that I don't get at least one match. Ok I do get a rot of rubbish as well it is about time they did get hot matches so they were at least in the same Country.

Christine

Christine

Christine Report 13 Jan 2010 16:31

Got them !!!!!!

Christine

Madmeg

Madmeg Report 13 Jan 2010 22:48

Got mine this morning, the first in ages, and they are all fine.

Margaret

Wildgoose

Wildgoose Report 13 Jan 2010 22:57

Got mine yesterday; lukewarm as usual.

Birdi

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 13 Jan 2010 23:26

I had added some Evans's over the weekend, and today got 8 pages.....trouble wiv evans its usually welsh innit? none o mine are welsh though...
befnall green more like!!!
Bob

Wend

Wend Report 13 Jan 2010 23:43

I got mine this morning, but, as usual, none I've been praying for.

Christine

Christine Report 14 Jan 2010 11:40

Out of the hot matches I got yesterday I have 3 possible matches in my Husbands tree. Ok I got pages of "matches" that were no good but I have had some really good ones over the years.

I have found a cousin and had a really good contact where I found out that my Great Grandmother Alice Mary Shovel was the daughter of one of the founders of Plymouth Co Operative Society. As it happened it was an anniversary of when the Society was started and they were doing a lot of research on it so I got a lot of information on the family.

I only wish I would get some contacts on the parts of my family that I am really struggling with but I am gratefull for any contacts I get.

Christine