Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

tree computer program

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Linda

Linda Report 14 Jan 2010 15:09

help please doese anyone know of a good and simple to use computer program to write out familly trees , alsowhere can i get it thanks .

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 14 Jan 2010 15:20

I recommend Familytree Maker. Not sure where to buy it in England, I'm in Canada.

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 14 Jan 2010 15:53

Family Tree Maker is by far the most popular. Being an Ancestry sponsored product it links in directly to their websites. Some packages come with a discounted Ancestry subscription

This is a good site to look at. They have a good selection from different software suppliers

http://www.twrcomputing.co.uk/index.html

Linda

Linda Report 15 Jan 2010 17:17

thanks for your help i am about to rejoin ancestry so i will be able to get it from there i expect

Wildgoose

Wildgoose Report 15 Jan 2010 17:27

Hello Linda

I should contact Ancestry; tell them you are about to rejoin and are interested in buying a FTM programme at the same time.

Ask if they have any offers or discounts running at the moment and you may get a better deal.

As the advert says, we should haggle!

Birdi