Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Am I Missing Something

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

MarilynB

MarilynB Report 14 Jan 2010 20:00

I am trying to find a death on Ancestry of someone born 1900 but not on 1901 or 1911 census, so presumably died before them. Is there a complete death index on Ancestry , when I go on how to search the bmds it gives 1837 - 1915 transcribed by free bmd, 1916 to 2005 transcribed and death index 1837 to 1983.

When I go to the actual search it only gives the first two options, but the death is not on the one transcribed by free bmd, and I am sure I read this is in the process of being completed.

Can anyone else find the death index 1837 to 1983.

Thanks for any help

Marilyn

TheLadyInRed

TheLadyInRed Report 14 Jan 2010 20:11

Do you want to tell us who you're looking for?

Kay????

Kay???? Report 14 Jan 2010 20:11

Hi Marilyn,

Ancestry have now put death index into 2 search options all transcribed,and done away with the 1837--1983.

1837 to 1915,

1916 to 2005.....
therefore covering all that are avaliable.

MarilynB

MarilynB Report 14 Jan 2010 20:20

Its okay thanks I think I may have found it, but thanks for replying

Marilyn