Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

what do i get

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Victoria

Victoria Report 14 Jan 2010 22:05

hi i'm looking for some software to put my tree onto i have a very cheep version at the moment , i would like one that i can use to make timelines of people and print out both sides of the tree including siblings etc of people. i saw a reviw of it a few months back but have forgotton the name. i'ld like to easly print out family record sheets of people and be able to record where they lived and add photos of houses and places.

can anyone help me with suggestions of ones to buy, i've looked at FTM2010, but the reviews don't seem to be too good.

MarilynB

MarilynB Report 14 Jan 2010 22:15

I use Family Historian, I love the many things you can do with it, and there is more you are learning every day. You can download a 30 day trial if you google Family Historian.

Also if you google Family Historian Reviews there is some interesting reading, it came top in the Which magazine top software programmes

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 15 Jan 2010 08:09

Family Tree Maker is by far the most popular. Being an Ancestry sponsored product it links in directly to their websites. Some packages come with a discounted Ancestry subscription

This is a good site to look at. They have a good selection from different software suppliers

http://www.twrcomputing.co.uk/index.html

I use FTM 2010 having recently upgraded from FTM v 16 (2006) 2008 version did have some issues, mainly because of a rushed release, but these have now been resolved.