Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Generating reports on Family Tree Maker 2008

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Monica

Monica Report 15 Jan 2010 12:32

Hi,in my old version of FTM I used to be able to produce a generational report showing all the descendants from one person with all the facts and notes. I have just installled FTM 2008 and cant find this ability. Am I being dense or has this feature gone?
Thanks

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 15 Jan 2010 13:18

I have 2010 and they are in there. Under Publish, then Collection, then select the type of report. In fact I have just created on that you descrice and emailed it to another GR member.

I read that some of the reports were missing in 2008, so you might have to upgrade, probably worthwhile exercise anyway as 2008 was the first release of this software and had a number of problems which were resolved in the later releases.

Andrew

Andrew Report 15 Jan 2010 13:41

I have FTM 2008. When I first used the program, there was a patch available that gave more options in publish. If you go to the 'Help' tab, you will see a .check for updates' option. Click that and see if it is still avialable.

Andy

Monica

Monica Report 15 Jan 2010 13:59

Thanks, I clicked on help and it said there were no updates. I must have a copy that has the report missing- I am so disappointed as it was a really useful document to send to people. Thanks for all your help