Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

sub's

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

sueCsuds

sueCsuds Report 18 Jan 2010 19:40

Hello all,
I joined GR 6 month's ago all but a week, i paid £34.95 for a gold membership.
When i try to get on to WW1 it won't let me, then i get a message from GR saying to up grade, what is the next up grade step as i can't find anything other than £9.something and the £34.95 that i have, well a week left of it.
Hope you can help
Regard's Sue

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 18 Jan 2010 19:56

Really hate to say this but Gold Membership on here is not worth the money.

GR do not have any census, BMD or military records and just redirect you to other sites

sueCsuds

sueCsuds Report 18 Jan 2010 20:15

Thank's Glitter Baby, i wasn't going to do the gold thingy as i jioned ancestry the other week, so will just do the £9.00 one, but wonderd why i couldn't get WW1, now i know. but why do i get an e-mail telling me to up grade when i can't?
Anyhow thank's for your help as ever
Regards Sue

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 18 Jan 2010 20:26

hi sue i have just tried ww1 and ww2 no probs apart from ww1 if i put forename nothing just surname no probs

sueCsuds

sueCsuds Report 18 Jan 2010 20:44

Thank's again all,
Just tried surnames Jacqueline and yep it worked, why didn't i think of it, durrr
Thankyou
Sue