Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ancestry Membership

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

+*+blossom In Essex+*+

+*+blossom In Essex+*+ Report 22 Jan 2010 10:50

My Ancestry membership has just lapsed. Is it worth hanging on for a while to see if I can get a discount before rejoining?

I suppose it depends if I actually can hang on - I'm already getting withdrawal symptoms!

TinaElizabeth

TinaElizabeth Report 22 Jan 2010 10:57

I am still waiting for an offer to come along.After last year when they offered some very good discount i am going to wait.I have even managed to sort out some paper work as as a rule if i cant find the bit of paper i would just go to ancestry.

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 22 Jan 2010 11:31

There are no current offers as far as I am aware, however some members have mentioned that if you let your subscription lapse for a few weeks, Ancestry might contact you offering a discount if you re-subscribe.

+*+blossom In Essex+*+

+*+blossom In Essex+*+ Report 22 Jan 2010 13:58

Hi Island - Ancestry e-mailed me about a month or so ago to let me know that my membership was due to expire. Whenever I logged on there was a message at the top of the screen saying 'your membership will expire in.......days'. When I got to day zero, I still managed to log on for another week or so but now I'm frozen out.

Im not sure about the time limit for cancellation though.

+*+blossom In Essex+*+

+*+blossom In Essex+*+ Report 22 Jan 2010 17:28

Island - I don't know! I assume that my subscription was for 1 year only and not automatically renewed.

Helen

Helen Report 22 Jan 2010 17:52

Island,

I had the same Ancestry subscription as you ... due to expire the beginning of February.

I didn't want to take a chance in leaving it till the last minute to cancel and did so about two weeks ago.

I still have access to Ancestry till my sub runs out.

Check out the details of your account ... top of Ancestry page.

'My Account'