Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

G i babies in the 40's and 50's

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Alison

Alison Report 23 Jan 2010 16:54

HI I wonder if anyone could give me some advise. I wonder is there a list of American G.I's who came over here(the UK) during the 40s and 50s. Quite a few babies were born and the fathers went back to the USA. Many were adopted and i am not sure how to go about trying to track the fathers down. Any help or a way forward would be brilliant. Thanks ALI

~~~Secret Red ^^ Squirrel~~~  **007 1/2**

~~~Secret Red ^^ Squirrel~~~ **007 1/2** Report 23 Jan 2010 17:13

Googled and found this:

http://www.gitrace.org/search.htm

Alison

Alison Report 24 Jan 2010 22:29

Thank you for this information. I have had trouble with the laptop and havent been able to contact you to thank you. Kind regards ali

Rambling

Rambling Report 24 Jan 2010 22:54

Alison ,on the site SRS has given you is a link to

http://aad.archives.gov/aad/

WW2 enlistment records, I have used this myself and it will take a lot of searching as there are thousands of entries to wade through and sometimes the names have letters missing so do try variants ,but it is very helpful . Good luck with your search ,

Rose

~~~Secret Red ^^ Squirrel~~~  **007 1/2**

~~~Secret Red ^^ Squirrel~~~ **007 1/2** Report 25 Jan 2010 22:47

Good luck Alison

~~~~waves to Rose~~~