Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

where can I find ?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Roy

Roy Report 4 Feb 2010 17:40

I am looking for Joseph Henry Haslum born 1894 Bradfield Berkshire . I have traced his birth and on 1911census I know he married Kate Emily Downs 1916 and had two daughters Kitty 1918 and Dorothy 1920 Then he disapears !! the eldest child was placed in a orphanage for a few years, the youngest raised by her mother but he was never mentioned.
Any ideas where to look?

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 4 Feb 2010 18:27

the only records of him are his birth and marriage .wonder if he went abroad ??

Lindsey*

Lindsey* Report 4 Feb 2010 18:32

This may not be him, but the only one that might fit so far ?

Name: John Henry Haslam
Birth Date: 12 Feb 1894
Death Registration Month/Year: 1981
Registration district: Basford
Inferred County: Nottinghamshire
Volume: 8
Page: 0022

Roy

Roy Report 5 Feb 2010 17:56

Thanks
but I am wondering if he was in an institution after a break down following WW1 or maybe prison, there must be some stigma that has cut him off from the family but where would I look for this info?

Battenburg

Battenburg Report 5 Feb 2010 20:14

There is the same query on Curious Fox Is that you Roy?