Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

WDYTYA

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

**Ann**

**Ann** Report 10 Feb 2010 21:19

Who Do You Think You Are?

Is coming to our screens American Style! read it is supposed to be airing in USA in the spring, then here shortly afterwards.

There are 7 episodes in the series and three celebs have been named taking part.....Sarah jessica Parker,Susan Saradon and Lisa Cudrow.

Sprack

Sprack Report 11 Feb 2010 12:49

Thank you Ann that sounds exciting I'll look out for that.
Jenny

**Ann**

**Ann** Report 12 Feb 2010 11:54

Hi jenny,

Just got around to reading the rest of the feature, looks like they are going to make changes for UK viewers. The American series is 45 mins, so BBC are saying it will probably go out much later here than our own series around 10.30pm.....they also have to deal with the American advertisment breaks and re-caps, so they have a seamless show. They also say the US show may have an alternative title sequence.

Ann

alviegal

alviegal Report 12 Feb 2010 16:08

Received this yesterday but don't know when it will be aired in Britain. No doubt they'll make it look even easier than our own version does!! Still, I never miss it!

Ancestry.com and NBC bring you
seven exciting stories that will
inspire the world to discover theirs.

Who Do You Think You Are?
begins Friday, March 5, 2010
at 8/7 Central on NBC.
Share a heartwarming journey through
family history with Sarah Jessica Parker,
Emmitt Smith, Lisa Kudrow, Matthew
Broderick, Brooke Shields, Susan Sarandon
and Spike Lee as they discover the stories
of their ancestors.

Who Do You Think You Are? also shares
ideas and research strategies that could
help you make new breakthroughs — and
help people everywhere understand what
they could discover about their own family stories

Sprack

Sprack Report 18 Feb 2010 15:33

Hi Ann
I'm really looking foreward to watching this so can you post on here when you find out the date its going to be on british tv or send me a PM ?.
Thank you
Jenny