Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Computer help please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 16 Feb 2010 13:37

Stupid but I have hit a key and now lost the bar that should show across the bottom of the screen. That has START on the left and date & time on the right and usually shows how many browser windows open etc.

Done it before but can not remember how to get the bar back.

Help !!!!!

Maureen

Thelma

Thelma Report 16 Feb 2010 13:53

I think you need to press F11

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 16 Feb 2010 13:53

Guess what !!! I then stupidly minimised the browser window so lost that completely.

Ended up turning off and back on again and have now got the bar back.

Would welcome any suggestions as to what I should do next time I make the same stupid mistake.

Can not delete my original request and having problems adding a reply at the moment so off to watch the Olympics on TV

Maureen

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 16 Feb 2010 13:55

Cheers Jim

Will have to bookmark this thread in case I do it again.

Maureen

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 16 Feb 2010 13:56

From Windows Help Page

To show the taskbar

* If the taskbar is hidden, point to where you last saw it to show it again. If you can't remember where you last saw it, try pointing to the bottom of the screen first, and then to the side or top of the screen, if necessary. You might need to move the pointer almost off the screen to show the taskbar.

To hide the taskbar

1.Open Taskbar and Start Menu Properties by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Appearance and Personalization, and then clicking Taskbar and Start Menu.
2.Clear the Lock the taskbar check box.
3.Select the Auto-hide the taskbar check box.

The taskbar is hidden from view. You can see it again by pointing to the place where you last saw it.

To turn off auto-hide

1.Open Taskbar and Start Menu Properties by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Appearance and Personalization, and then clicking Taskbar and Start Menu.
2.Clear the Auto-hide the taskbar check box.

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 16 Feb 2010 17:58

Thanks Inspector.

Although I did try pointing all across the bottom of the screen and got nothing.

But all systems okay now unless I do it again !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks everyone

Maureen