Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ireland 1791

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Karen

Karen Report 20 Feb 2010 07:48

I have come to a standstill and not sure what to do next. I am trying to find parents of Michael Collier born 1791 born in Ireland. Any advice gratefully received.

Karen

Karen Report 21 Feb 2010 18:07

Thanks for your reply, I am relatively inexperienced at this so any advice is a help. I have found from the 1841 census that Michael Collier born 1791 was living in Rotherhithe. However it states his birth place as Ireland. Many thanks.

MayBlossomEmpressofSpring

MayBlossomEmpressofSpring Report 21 Feb 2010 21:21

It would help you a great deal if you could ascertain whether he was born in Eire, Southern Ireland, or Ulster, Northern Ireland. as there are seperate sites for both .

Susan

Susan Report 22 Feb 2010 09:48

For Ref

1841 England Census
about Michael Collier
Name: Michael Collier
Estimated birth year: abt 1791
Where born: Ireland

Civil parish: Rotherhithe
Hundred: Brixton (Eastern Division)
County/Island: Surrey

Street Address: