Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find death.....

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Carol

Carol Report 20 Feb 2010 13:38

I am trying to find the death of Edward Henry Garner Wright. Have the birth cert which is for 9th May 1908 born Leytonstone. Have looked on BMD but cannot find anything that matches except one for 1930 Edward age 23. sent for this but it is not the correct one. Can anybody help or suggest where else to look. Many thanks

Penny

Penny Report 20 Feb 2010 14:11

did he marry/ did he have children?

I know you are trying to find his death, but I dont think with a name like his ( and he may have been registered just Edward Wright) you stand much chance without some more info

Carol

Carol Report 20 Feb 2010 14:23

only found out about him on the 1911 census. Do not have anything else at all. He was my fathers brother but never knew anything about him although my father did say that he had a brother who had died of TB.

Nickydownsouth

Nickydownsouth Report 20 Feb 2010 15:52

Wondering about this one Carol?.....

I know its not in the family area, but could he have been staying away with relatives, or in an infirmary/hospital?

G could quite easily be transcribed as C...

Have checked 1911 and can`t see an Edward H Wright of that age in the Stoke area.

Deaths Sep 1918 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wright Edward H 42 Croydon 2a 433
>>>>>>>Wright Edward H C 11 Stoke T. 6b 217

Nicky

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 21 Feb 2010 01:09

It is also Edward H C Wright on ancestry

it is very possible that he did die in another area if he had TB.

Many TB patients were sent to sanatoria in "clean air places", eg close to the sea or on the moors.

So it might be more likely to find his death in a place like Scarborough (where there was a sanatorium right on the sea front), Anglesey, other Welsh seaside places, etc

sylvia