Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

HOW TO FIND

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Stella

Stella Report 25 Feb 2010 10:48

Can someone plz tell me how to find out the maiden name of my gggran her husband was Alfred Louie Marten,she was born about 1846 in Hereford i also cant find their marriage records he was a sch master born about 1842 in Brasted, Kent any info welcome, Her name was Susannah

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 25 Feb 2010 10:53

How about this one?

Marriages Sep 1867
CLEMENT Susannah Newington 1d 309
MARTEN Alfred Louis Newington 1d 309

Births Dec 1843 (>99%)
CLEMENT Susannah Hereford &c 26 177

Jan

Thelma

Thelma Report 25 Feb 2010 10:54

VERY easy to find on Freebmd
England & Wales, FreeBMD Marriage Index: 1837-1915
Refine your search

All Birth, Marriage & Death Results Viewing 1-2 of 2
View Record Name Year of Registration Spouse's Surname District County View Image
View Record
Susannah Clement 1867 Newington Surrey
View Record
Alfred Louis Marten

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 25 Feb 2010 10:56

Stella, maybe you were putting Louie instead of Louis? Better just to put 1st and last names in this case as fairly distinctive.
Jan

Stella

Stella Report 25 Feb 2010 10:59

Thanks both,im not to good at this but keen to learn these are the right peeps thanks again.